Hi Friends! I hope this post finds you well on a Tuesday!
I wanted something different for lunches this week, so I decided on meatloaf, because I hadn’t had it in a while. Typically, I add diced peppers and onions, but decided to to use spices this time! Traditionally, this recipe would use an egg as a binding agent, but with my sensitivity to eggs, I just add ketchup to the mixture, and it works perfectly!
2 lbs ground beef (I use grass-fed)
3/4 c Ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp basil
2 tbsp chicken seasoning (I use the McCormick’s brand)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Combine all ingredients, reserving 1/4 c. ketchup for a glaze on top
3. Place combined ingredients in a lightly greased 9 x 5 loaf pan
4. Spread 1/4 c ketchup over the top
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until done, without overcooking
6. Enjoy with vegetables of your choice – my pick so far this week is green beans